The Cherry Tree and Dixonville is a corporation of the State of Pennsylvania, having its principal office in Philadelphia, Pa. It is controlled by the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central Railroad through ownership by each of one-half of the outstanding capital stock. The records do not indicate that this company controls any common-carrier corporation. The property was operated by the Pennsylvania Railroad from December 1, 1904, to February 20, 1905, and from the latter date to date of valuation by its own organization. The Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central Railroad are each granted trackage rights over the entire property under terms of an agreement between the above-mentioned companies and the Cherry Tree and Dixonville, dated February 15, 1905, and supplemental agreement dated August 1, 1916.
The Cherry Tree and Dixonville was incorporated May 22, 1903, under the general laws of Pennsylvania, and by letters patent dated June 2, 1903, for the purpose of building a railroad from a connection with the Cambria and Clearfield railroad, in the borough of Cherry Tree, to a point near Dixonville, Pa. The articles of association, dated May 21, 1903, provided the initial organization.
The owned mileage of the Cherry Tree and Dixonville was acquired by construction. It was completed and opened for operations in sections as follows:
|Cherry Tree to Possum Glory, December 1904||13.090|
|Possum Glory to Idamar, December, 1906||8.450|
|Total main line||21.540|
|Shanktown branch, December, 1904||0.920|
|Possum Glory branch, August, 1905||9.030|
|Long Run branch, April, 1906||0.710|
|Buck Run branch, May, 1906||1.780|
|Rodkey branch, July, 1906||0.410|
|Western branch, October, 1906||1.290|
|Price Run branch, October, 1906||0.490|
|Sample Run branch, October, 1906||0.930|
|Loop Cut-off, February, 1910||1.250|
|Total branch lines||16.810|
|Total mileage constructed||38.350|
|Difference between recorded mileage and mileage inventoried||0.083|
|Mileage inventoried as of date of valuation||38.433|
The Cherry Tree and Dixonville has connections with the New York Central Railroad and the Pennsylvania Railroad at Cherry Tree, Pa., and with the road of the Cambria and Indiana Railroad Company at Manver, Pa.
The Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central Railroad have trackage rights over the entire property of the Cherry Tree and Dixonville under an agreement dated February 15, 1905, and a supplemental agreement between the above named companies dated August 1, 1916. The costs of maintenance, operation, and taxes are paid by the tenant companies on a basis of use. The interest on its debt and a dividend of 4 per cent per annum are paid by the tenant companies, one-half each.
The Cambria and Indiana Railroad Company and the Cherry Tree and Dixonville exchange the use of station and other facilities at Manver, Pa., each paying one-half of the cost of maintenance and operation of the facilities so used and each paying to the other one-half of 5 per cent per annum on the agreed cost of the facilities as rent. The property of the Cambria and Indiana so used is agreed to be of the value of $49,492.45, and that of the Cherry Tree and Dixonville, $4,050.20.
|Original data source:||Valuation Reports Vol. 23 pp 4-5, 8-9|
Interstate Commerce Commission
Although published in 1929, the report is "...as of date of valuation" which was 30 June, 1917