The carrier is a corporation of the State of Pennsylvania, having its principal office at Williamsport, Pa. It is controlled by certain stockhoders of the Bennets Branch Coal Company through ownership of a majority of its capital stock. On the other hand, the records reviewed do not indicate that the carrier, itself, controls any other carrier corporations. The property of the carrier has been operated by its own organization from the date of acquirement thereof, except from March, 1914, to May, 1916, during which period the property was not operated.
The carrier was incorporated September 15, 1903, under the general laws of the State of Pennsylvania, for the purpose of acquiring and operating a railroad between Dent's Run and Wilmere, Pa., which was then owned by the Dent's Run Coal Company.
The mileage owned by the carrier, 5.760 miles, was all acquired November 2, 1903, by purchase from the Dent's Run Coal Company. The property was constructed and placed in operation during September, 1903, by the Dent's Run Coal Company.
The railroad of the carrier has connections for interchange of traffic at Dent's Run with the line of The Pennsylvania Railroad Company.
The carrier leases all of its main-line rail and practically all of its siding rail and certain fastenings and turnouts from the Pennsylvania Railroad Company. The records reviewed do not separately account for any rental paid for the above property.
|Original data source:||Decisions of the Interstate Commerce Commission Vol. 110 pp 243, 245, 248|
Interstate Commerce Commission
Although published in 1926, the report is "...as of date of valuation" which was 30 June, 1917