[The report had no chapters under these headings.]
DEVELOPMENT OF FIXED PHYSICAL PROPERTY
By deed dated September 28, 1885, the Chicago, Saint Louis and Pittsburgh Railroad Company conveyed to the Englewood Connecting Railway certain real estate, right of way, and about 2.34 miles of track in the city of Chicago. The construction of this track was begun by the Chicago, Saint Louis and Pittsburgh Railway Company in 1883, and when completed apparently became the property of the Englewood Connecting Railway prior to the date of formal conveyance by deed, as they were opened for operation by the Chicago, Saint Louis and Pittsburgh Railroad Company on September 11, 1885, for account of the Englewood Connecting Railway without written agreement.
On date of valuation the entire property of the Englewood Connecting Railway was solely operated and maintained by the Panhandle. without a written agreement. For the sole use of the property, the Panhandle pays as rental the net earnings resulting from operating the the property. For the year ended on December 31, 1915, the operation by the Panhandle resulted in a deficit of $7,051.93, which amount the Englewood Connecting Railway charged to income from lease of road. It is not possible to separate this amount so as to show the results of operation by the Panhandle for the six months ended on December 31, 1915, nor is it possible to show such results for the year ended with date of valuation.
|Original data source:||Valuation Reports Vol. 24 pp 392, 394|
Interstate Commerce Commission
Although published in 1929, the report is "...as of date of valuation" which was 30 June, 1918