The carrier is a corporation of the State of Pennsylvania, having its principal office at Endeavor, Pa. No accounting records of the carrier were obtained for the period from the date of incorporation to June 30, 1914. Therefore, no information can be given from the accounts regarding its financial dealings, corporate operations, or investments during that period. The carrier is controlled by the firm of Wheeler and Dusenbury, a lumber-mill organization, through ownership of a majority of its capital stock. On the other hand, the records reviewed do not indicate that the carrier controlled any common-carrier corporations. The property of the carrier has been operated by its own organization during its entire life.
The carrier was incorporated May 18, 1887, under the general laws of the State of Pennsylvania.
The owned mileage of the carrier extending from West Hickory to McDonalds, Pa., 5.473 miles, was all acquired by construction. The road was built by Wheeler and Dusenbury for account of the carrier. The section from West Hickory to Endeavor, Pa., about 2.5 miles, was opened for operation in 1887, and the remainder from Endeavor to McDonalds, about 3 miles, was opened for operation in 1892.
The railroad of the carrier has connections for the interchange of traffic at West Hickory with the line of the Western New York and Pennsylvania Railway Company.
The carrier leases a portion of its rail and certain fastenings from the Western New York and Pennsylvania Railway Company. It also uses jointly with various noncarriers the bridge across the Allegheny River at West Hickory, Pa., belonging to the Hickory Bridge Company. The bridge is operated as a toll bridge for both vehicular and railroad traffic. The carrier is charged for its use on a car and locomotive movement basis. The records reviewed do not separately account for any rental paid for the above property.
|Original data source:||Decisions of the Interstate Commerce Commission Vol. 110 pp 255, 257, 259|
Interstate Commerce Commission
Although published in 1926, the report is "...as of date of valuation" which was 30 June, 1917