[The report has no chapters under these headings.]
The construction of the property of the Ohio Connecting Railway was begun in February, 1889, and the bridge across the Ohio River, together with all of its tracks, with the exception of the branch line from Duff Junction to Lewis Run Junction, were opened for operation during the period from October 20, 1890, to 1902. The branch line referred to, located on right of way owned by the Pittsburgh, Chartiers & Youghiogheny Railway Company, was opened for operation on June 5, 1905.
On the date of valuation, the common-carrier property of the Ohio Connecting Railway, with the exception of its tracks extending from Duff Junction to Lewis Run Junction, about 3.18 miles, was solely operated by the Panhandle under an agreement of December 30, 1905. The tracks of the Ohio Connecting Railway, between Duff Junction and Lewis Run Junction are located on the right of way of the Pittsburgh, Chartiers & Youghiogheny Railway Company, and are operated jointly by the Panhandle and the Pittsburgh, Chartiers & Youghiogheny Railway Company, with the road of the last-named company, as a double-track system, under an agreement of February 1, 1905.
|Original data source:||Valuation Reports Vol. 24 pp 382, 385|
Interstate Commerce Commission
Although published in 1929, the report is "...as of date of valuation" which was 30 June, 1918