The Tylerdale Connecting Railroad is a corporation of Pennsylvania having its principal office at Philadelphia, Pa. This company kept no accounting records prior to December 31, 1902, and no records of its corporate operations were kept subsequent to that date. Therefore, no information can be given from its accounts regarding its corporate operations, and only partial information regarding its financial dealings and investments.
The Tylerdale Connecting Railroad is controlled jointly by the Baltimore and Ohio and The Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway Company, each company owning 50 percent of its capital stock. On the other hand, the records reviewed do not indicate that this company, itself, controls any other common-carrier corporation.
The property was operated from October 26, 1900, the date of completion, to December 31, 1917, by the Baltimore and Ohio for the joint benefit of the two controlling companies. Since January 1, 1918, it has been operated by the United States Railroad Administration.
The Tylerdale Connecting Railroad was incorporated June 8, 1899, under the general laws of Pennsylvania. The date of organization was June 13, 1899.
The road owned, amounting to 2.838 miles, was acquired by construction. The main line extending from Tylerdale Junction to Woodland Avenue, Tylerdale, Pa., about 1.305 miles, was built in 1899 and 1900, and the branch from Sugar Creek Branch Junction to the plant of the Lincoln Gas and Coal Company near Lincoln Hill, Pa., about 1.533 miles, was built in 1917.
|Original data source:||Valuation Reports Vol. 42 pp 683-684|
Interstate Commerce Commission
Although published in 1933, the report is "...as of date of valuation" which was 30 June, 1918