No accounting records of the carrier prior to June 30, 1911, were obtained. Therefore, only partial information can be given from its accounts relative to its financial dealings, corporate operations, or investments. The carrier is controlled by J. M. Blair and H. C. Hower through ownership of a majority of the capital stock. On the other hand, the records reviewed do not indicate that the carrier itself controls any other common-carrier corporations. The property of the carrier has been operated by its own organization since date of completion.
The carrier was incorporated April 10, 1891, under general laws of the State of Pennsylvania for the purpose of constructing and operating a narrow-gauge railroad between Port Royal and Blair's Mills, Pa.
The railroad owned by the carrier, consisting of about 27 miles of narrow-gauge railroad between Port Royal and Blair's Mills, Pa., was acquired by construction during the period from 1892 to 1895.
The carrier has a connection with the line of The Pennsylvania Railroad Company at Port Royal.
|Original data source:||Decisions of the Interstate Commerce Commission Vol. 119 pp 354, 356|
Interstate Commerce Commission
Although published in 1927, the report is "...as of date of valuation" which was 30 June, 1917