The Winfield Railroad is a corporation of the State of Pennsylvania, having its principal office at Pittsburgh, Pa. The company is controlled by W. E. and M. S. Carnahan, through ownership of a majority of its capital stock. The records reviewed do not indicate that this company controls any carrier corporation. The property of the Winfield Railroad has been operated by its own organization during its entire life.
The Winfield Railroad was incorporated September 25, 1900, under the general laws of Pennsylvania, for the purpose of constructing and operating a railroad from West Winfield to Denny's Mills, Pa., about one mile.
The 0.633 mile of road owned by the Winfield Railroad was acquired by construction during the year 1900.
Solely used, but not owned, leased from the Pennsylvania Railroad; tracks, 8.456 miles, from Winfield Junction to West Winfield, Pa. Indefinite period under the terms of an agreement dated September 25, 1900, and amended from time to time. The Winfield Railroad maintains the leased property and retains for its account the entire income from operations.
Jointly used, but not owned, owned by the Pennsylvania Railroad; tracks, 3.86 miles, from Butler Junction to Winfield Junction, Pa. Indefinite period under the terms of an agreement dated September 25, 1900, and amended from time to time. The facilities are maintained by the Pennsylvania Railroad at its own cost. The Winfield Railroad retains the entire income from passengers transported and receives from the Pennsylvania Railroad an allowance for each ton of freight transported.
|Original data source:||Valuation Reports Vol. 22 pp 926, 931|
Interstate Commerce Commission
Although published in 1929, the report is "...as of date of valuation" which was 30 June, 1917